Monday, May 25, 2009
My new start
I have started to pick back up my Beth Moore, "Breaking Free" workbook again and I read something that I thought was such truth:
"Souls accustomed to soul food are more likely to have a highly developed appetite....The more we've been satisfied by God's love, His Word, and His presence, the more we will yearn for it. On the other hand, we can spend so much time away from the Lord and His spiritual food and drink that we may no longer feel hungry or thirsty."
Lord,
For years now at least since college, I fear that my appetite for your word has become quite dry. I remember when I first understood who you were, I literally could not put my bible down. I was so passionate and excited about you and the grace that you granted me so freely that I could barely contain myself. I had joy, not happiness but pure and utter joy. Somewhere along my journey I seem to have lost that passion and my relationship with you has become one where you are just one book on a book shelf. I have compartmentalized our relationship.
God, I desire to know and learn your word again, to once again be in your presence and to be fully satisfied by you. Thank you for protecting me from myself and situations that were detrimental for you growing and teaching me. Thank you for giving me peace and clarity. Lord I desire for my life to be a reflection of you. I am so thankful for your love even when I have been most distant. Here I am Lord. Ready for my new start.
"And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philipians 4:19
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Steiny- I know this has been on your heart lately and I'm so thankful that we get to be a part of your heart's revival. I love being your friend.
ReplyDeleteAmen!!!! He is hearing you.
ReplyDeleteSeek & you shall find!