It's no surprise to anyone in our bible study, that most of 2008, and the early weeks of 2009 had me in a season of unrest. Truth be told, I was one foot out the door, convinced I was making a move to DC.
I do still believe in my heart of hearts that the move is inevitable, and I do believe that the unsettled feeling in my heart was of the Lord... but more than anything, I know that He was drawing me near to Him, to lean on Him, as "I wait for Him to move.... for His mighty hand to save..."
Those words come directly from a newer Tomlin song that I have been listening to on repeat in recent days, and I just praise God for the Deliverer that He is. I had dinner with a friend last night, and her encouraging words were "you just seem settled, and at peace... like you're comfortable on solid ground."
It's true! The Lord is faithful and good, and He is my Deliverer. He is "the rock on which I stand."
I share this this morning, because that's not something I could have changed. That's not something I could simply decide and find peace in. But by God's amazing grace, He gives us seasons of unrest and confusion and unsatisfaction - much like Abram in Chapter 12 of Genesis, where the Lord willed him to enter the famined land - so that we will draw nearer to Him, and lean hard on Him, and ultimately experience freedom, peace and deliverance in Him.
Though Tomlin doesn't have a video out for this song yet, someone has posted it with lyrics, images and some noteworthy verses. I pray you read the lyrics I've pasted below and enjoy the song this morning.
He is the Rock on which I stand, He is my Deliverer, and it is by His grace alone that I can walk on steady ground!!
My Deliverer - Chris Tomlin:
I will wait for You to move
For Your mighty hand to save
When the trouble water rise
You are my hiding place
You are my hiding place
You walls are salvation
Your gates are praise
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
Is the Lord
Who is like You mighty God
Who can take me from Your hand
As I walk with You in freedom
You're the Rock on which I stand
You're the Rock on which I stand
For Your mighty hand to save
When the trouble water rise
You are my hiding place
You are my hiding place
You walls are salvation
Your gates are praise
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
My Deliverer
Is the Lord
Who is like You mighty God
Who can take me from Your hand
As I walk with You in freedom
You're the Rock on which I stand
You're the Rock on which I stand
Thank you Tara...I needed this this morning!!! Really!!! It has already been a tough day!! and it is only 10:24 am! So, I needed this!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing. Love the song. Adding the lyrics to my journal. :)
ReplyDelete