Journal Entry-
I am beginning to understand why so many things that I'm passionate about have been taken out of my life. I'm understanding that I was filling my life with your sheep, but not you. That I was feeling fulfilled and completed by my relationship to them, not to you. I am seeing that you were not my portion. That I was becoming committed to a cause not to Christ himself. I'm sorry that I regard your sheep as more important than you. I should know that the only way I can love them best is through you. I want to make you my all and all. I would be lying if I said that I didn't miss the doing. I miss Africa and your children so much it hurts. My heart doesn't feel whole without them. I know what I am missing can only be found in You. Help me to yearn for you the way I do for Africa. Help me to always remember that your children here need you just as much as your children there do. Help me to grow wherever you plant me and for me to find peace in your loving, comforting, strong arms.
When we are strong, When we are weak,
When we're distraught, When we have peace,
When we have hope, When we're in grief
When we're content, When we have need
Help us to Pray
Help us to Sing
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for sharing your heart, C!
ReplyDeleteChristy, It is inspiring to see what love you have for Africa...Don't ignore it..This kind of passion can never be from anywhere but the Lord! I see a "calling" there!!
ReplyDelete