Romans 6:12 - Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey it's evil desires
How do we keep this command?
1. Identify your personal weakness
(Image, people pleasing, setting unrealic expectations of people, laziness, being honest with myself)
2. Recognize the things that tempt you
(mirrors, sleep, procrastination, choosing the flesh over the spirit, daydreaming, comparing people or relationships to other people/relationships, not giving someone the benefit of the doubt, being silent or speaking when I should do the other, lying to myself about my real motivation for a decision)
3. Stay away from sources of temptation
4. Practice self-restraint
5. Consciously invest time in good habits or service
6. Lean on God's strength and grace
Romans 6:18 - You have been SET FREE from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.
love you, corn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel like God couldn't be underscoring this in my life any more than He is right now... He is constantly reminding me and begging me that doing life on my own WILL fail and NEVER feel as satisfying as I want it to... not the way He can satisfy me!
ReplyDeleteBy grace, He is bringing to the surface all that is so inadequate about me and my wretched heart and flesh, and showing me how human I am and how I can fall in a second... in one hot second.
By grace, holding steadfast to these ideals that you mention is the catalyst to being bound by His will for our lives...
Thanks for your accountability and friendship, Corn... last night's convos were what I needed, and today's reminders bolster that even more...
Love you!
~T