As many of you know one of my most favorite books is The Celebration Of Discipline by Richard Foster. I can honestly say that Richards insight and knowledge encouraged and grew me in many ways. The pastor at Trinity (Kris) is doing a series (something Trinity never does) on the spiritual disciplines. I would 100% recommend that A- You listen to the sermons and B- you read the book! I'm posting the link to the first sermon. Yesterday's was awesome, but it's not up yet. One thing to remember is that we can listen to 1,000 sermons but if we don't apply what we learn/God reveals to us then we are totally missing the point. I'm so guilty and listening and agreeing and not immediately applying.
http://www.trinityvineyard.org/sermons
"The life that is pleasing to God is not a series of religious duties, We have only one thing to do, namely to experience a life of relationship and intimacy with God" Richard Foster "In the spiritual life only one thing will produce genuine joy, and that is obedience."
PS happy birthday T~ So blessed to be a part of your life. So thankful for your friendship and full of life spirit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for your wishes, Christy and for this post! I'm excited to read this book... I feel I've been hearing about it for forever... it's time to git'r'dun!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
~T