Thus Noah did; according to all that God had commanded him, so he did. -Genesis 6:22
This morning I read that and it just stood out like bold font on my pages. Noah somehow was given clear as day direction from the LORD - specifics of materials to use, lengths to measure, and procedures to go through for a "storm" that stood ahead, and he did just as he was commanded.
Two things pierce my heart here:
1) Noah could hear God clearly - there was no gap in direction... he knew EXACTLY what the LORD was asking of him, and he trusted enough to do EXACTLY as he was told.
2) There was no back and forth with God - no confusion no personal invested interest. Noah trusted God sooo much, he just heard... and so he did.
God, I pray two big things for my heart and the hearts of the women in this group. I pray, by Your grace, that we HEAR you... Lord, that our hearts are open to the Spirit that lives in us to guide us, and for us to truly HEAR you in our lives. I know this begins by knowing you, and giving you our hearts and energy, so Lord, by YOUR grace, I pray you draw us closer to You - that You wrap Your arms around us and hold us steadfast so that we our truly enveloped in Your Truth and will for our lives. Finally, Lord, I pray we TRUST You... when we hear the call, when we feel the conviction, when we understand the guidelines, I pray we don't question - I pray we TRUST.
By Your mercy and grace, Lord - let us be open to living, trusting and doing as Noah did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment