There's a lot going on in my life. A whirlwind of activity. And when I stop for a few minutes. I realize that I haven't devoted enough time into the life of my friends around me. And I feel guilty. I just talked really talked to Stacia for the first time yesterday. And what do I find out? Her boyfriend's been in a terrible motorcycle accident, her best friend is getting a divorce, her mom is coming to stay with her for a month, etc. So much has happened while I've been engrossed in my own "important" life. I get mad at myself for not stopping to inquire about her and have those conversations. But I also get mad at her for not shouting at me to say “HEY LIANA!! CAN YOU BE A LITTLE LESS SELF-ABSORBED?!?!” But then when I said that to her, she said “I left you a message about it, Liana. Didn’t you get it?”
Oh…uh…no…my bad! I guess you tried and I just wasn’t listening.
God puts people in our lives to hold us accountable. To show us something about ourselves or something about our relationship with Him. You don’t have to be a genius to figure out what His message to me is about.
I’m a day late. DWYSYWD - Do What You Say Will Do.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
preach, Liana!! An encouraging reminder for all of us... a couple reminders actually... to first do what we said we would do, and to second, try to think about a few things other than ourselves... I do think you ought to give yourself more credit than you do, but I hear you loud and clear, sister!
ReplyDeleteGirl, I feel ya! DWYSYWD is the theme of my life right now. thanks liana!
ReplyDeleteI agree, and it's SO HARD! I think I'm a chronic over-committer. But just saying yes all the time because I think it means I'm nice doesn't make me a better reflection of Jesus when I fail to follow through.
ReplyDelete