Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Whatever You're doing

At church on Sunday Chris spoke on Mark 4:26-34

He talked about how our faith is like a mustard seed but that just because you don't see any growth doesn't mean that you are not growing. In order to sprout you have to grow roots first. Often the waiting to grow or the waiting for God to change your circumstances can be excruciating but spiritual maturity takes time and often as a culture we want things to be instantaneous. He spoke about allowing God to cultivate you. Surround yourself with favorable circumstances - Meditation, Prayer, Study of Scripture, Community. Seeds grow in a mysterious way- growing is what plants do it just takes time. Likewise as believers and followers of Christ we are designed to bear fruit. Fruitfulness may not happen on our timetable but it will on Christs.

I applied this to how I feel with my current circumstances. I sometimes feel like nothing is happening. I try to remind myself that God is at work even if I can't see it. That God is doing something under the surface and in His time it will come to fruition when it is supposed to. That what God is asking from me is to have faith and trust him with WHATEVER he is doing. I'm reminded that real change takes time (I'm guilty of wanting instant results or at least understanding) and that all I can do right now is to continue to surround myself with favorable circumstances that will encourage my growth. Thank you all for being a part of that!!

Check this video out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06AgY5Xoavw&feature=related

Chorus)Whatever you're doing inside of me It feels like chaos somehow there's peace It's hard to surrender to what I can't see but I'm giving in to something heavenly!

1 comment:

  1. Bunny - that song is AWESOME!!!
    I'm so encouraged by your faith and patience through this time of uncertainty!

    ReplyDelete