Faith- Concentrating your mind and heart on the one true God.
Faith is concentrating on God not what we want from God. --- WOW these last few weeks I have felt a lot of peace. Something I have so desperately been missing since being back in Atlanta. I'm not sure why it came now, but God has totally meet me where I am at. While I continue to ask him to change my current circumstances - Bless me with a job position that can be my life passion- He has continued to encourage me and tell me that in His time he may decide to give me that but for now he just wants me to have faith. I'm starting to get in -not necessarily faith that he will give me an awesome job, (although i do feel called to something) but faith in who He is and what He is capable of. Faith that He knows what is best for my life. I too am going to reference Utmost July 6th . God has to take us to the valley and put us through fires and floods to batter us into shape, until we get to the point where He can trust us with the vision --- If you feel like God has called you to something but that right now you are far from the vision have faith not just in the vision but in CHRIST himself!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Christy,
ReplyDeleteThis is the story of the life of Abraham. God dragged him for so long to shape him and produce an everlasting faith in him, so that he could be the father of multitude of faithful forevere & ever. I don't know if you were present the night that Copnway had her episode, but the lesson was about what you just wrote. Faith that God desires is not about Him doing things for us, but Faith in who He is...that is the faith that produces righteousness...Hang in there; You will ever regret it with Him!